The Higher Learning Commission
Southwestern Illinois College吉林11选五号码走势图 is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), 230 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2400, Chicago IL 60602-2504. The HLC is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation as the assigned accrediting organization for a 19-state region of the United States.
More information on Southwestern Illinois College吉林11选五号码走势图’s accreditation relationship with the HLC is available at the or by calling (800) 621-7440.
HLC Open Pathway
As a result of SWIC’s performance during its most recent accreditation cycle, SWIC has been permitted to pursue the Higher Learning Commission’s Open Pathway program for maintaining its accreditation. The Open Pathway is available to all institutions that have been accredited for at least 10 years, are in good standing with the HLC, and have not raised any significant concerns regarding the institution’s capacity to continue to meet the Criteria for Accreditation or Federal Compliance
Southwestern Illinois College吉林11选五号码走势图 has been continually accredited since March 24, 1961.*
*Previous names: Accreditation transferred from Belleville Junior College吉林11选五号码走势图 to Junior College吉林11选五号码走势图 District #522 (1968) name changed to Belleville Area College吉林11选五号码走势图 (1969) to Southwestern Illinois College吉林11选五号码走势图 (1/1/2000).
Open Pathway 10-Year Cycle
As a part of the transition from the AQIP Pathway for accreditation, SWIC has been placed in year 5 of the Open Pathway. The Open Pathway is a 10-year cycle culminating in a comprehensive evaluation of reaffirmation in year 10. Other Open Pathway Tasks include:
• Years 1-9 – Preparation of Assurance Argument to be submitted in year 10
• Years 1-3 – Preparation and submission of an Assurance Filing
• Year 4 – Assurance Review
• Years 5-7 – Preparation and submission of a Quality Initiative Proposal
• Years 7-9 – Execution of Quality Initiative and submission of the Quality Initiative Report, a report detailing the execution and results of the activities of the Quality Initiative.
• Year 10 – Comprehensive Evaluation for Reaffirmation